Thursday, May 24, 2012

Pacific Grove-in'

A few years back, my friend Joanna and I took a similar route through this part of the world. One of my favorite stops on that journey was a sweet little town called Pacific Grove. Pacific Grove is right next to Monterey, and when I say "right next to", I mean, it begins on the street behind the Monterey Bay Aquarium! So, super easy to find and very centrally located whether you want to hang out on Cannery Row or you want wander down to Carmel for the afternoon. Pacific Grove's claim to fame is the Monarch butterfly. Every winter, thousands of them stop in Pacific Grove at a sanctuary that's been set up there for them. We toured around it but because it's spring, we didn't see any flutterby's. We did see a doe and her two, very young fawns though, so that was nice.
If you ever consider coming down this way, consider staying in Pacific Grove. Then you'll be able to eat breakfast every day (like we did) at the Red House.
It was simply amazing.

1 comment:

  1. good to hear that you are not in jail or in a ditch somewhere (all this wine tasting and driving around)
    Well now I have to make myself some french toast because I'm suddenly hungry!

    ReplyDelete